Family Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Family Matters

Because family does.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I was an at risk mum!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMum
Admin
MadMum

I was an at risk mum! Empty
PostSubject: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:54 am

But because I had had more than 4 babies.!
Back to top Go down
http://familymatters.niceboards.net
Katew1975

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 pm

That's mad! Surely you know what's happening by that point so should be classed as experienced not high risk Smile

I've been told I'm high risk because of my weight and that my daughter was over 9lb - all babies in my family (who weren't premature) were over 9lb, it's just how we're built Very Happy but because I had an emergency c-section with Jade then apparently I should be in hospital with full monitoring and not attempt a home birth - even though statistics say that there is no reason why I can't have a home birth and that I am 50 times more likely to have to be transferred to hospital for other reasons than if my scar ruptures (which is why they want me in hospital).

Have appointment with my midwife and her boss this Friday to try and convince them that homebirth is best option for me - fingers crossed!

Take what they say with a pinch of salt and follow your gut Very Happy

Blessings,
Kate x
Back to top Go down
tinkerbell

tinkerbell

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:10 am

I was high risk in early pregnancy with Joseph because I had a molar pregnancy diagnosed 6 months before I became pregnant with him.

I was diagnosed with the molar at almost 13 weeks and had a D&C and 6 months of blood and urine testing for the cancer.

Thankfully I got the all clear just as my last test came back positive for pregnancy lol!
Back to top Go down
Katew1975

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:04 am

That was great tinkerbell Smile amazing how close the babies like to come with things like that!

This year I had a pelvic infection in January and I was worried I may not be able to get pregnant again as I had one about 9 years ago and it blocked my left fallopian tube and this time I was getting the pain on my right side. Got the antibiotics straightaway and then went back for another dose as I didn't quite get the right length course, but had a feeling I was pregnant so they gave me ones safe for pregnancy - two days later I got a positive test!

But no one told me at the time that during my swab for the pelvic infection that I had tested positive for Group B Strep and that they are worried about me now being pregnant, even though the three weeks of antibiotics I had just after the pelvic infection would have cleared the actual infection, the midwife said I need to be tested again during pregnancy. I have had one test already and it came back clear and provided my next test at 36 weeks comes back clear too then I can get the go ahead for planning a home birth.

Was really angry at the doctor for not telling me about the GBS cos he knew that I thought I was pregnant at that time! Just really thankful that we caught the pelvic infection in time and I actually got the chance to get pregnant again Very Happy

Babies come at just the right time for us Very Happy

Blessings,
Kate x
Back to top Go down
MadMum
Admin
MadMum

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Well the reason i was high risk is because after having 4, the mother is more at risk of haemorraging so when i went in for the other 4, i had to have an iv needle in as a precaution
Back to top Go down
Mrs_King

Mrs_King

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:28 pm

I was classed as having a high risk pregnancy because of my diabetes. Scan every 2 weeks, blood test, sugar tests etc etc.

I was on nearly 600 units a day with alfie and was taking 13 injections. Still couldn't get my sugar down hence why he was so big. Wouldnt be without any of them even though they drive me to drink I was an at risk mum! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
MadMum
Admin
MadMum

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Tell me about it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was an at risk mum!   I was an at risk mum! Empty

Back to top Go down

I was an at risk mum!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Family Matters :: Pregnancy issues :: High risk pregnancy-
Jump to: