Family Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Family Matters

Because family does.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone got a homebirth story?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMum
Admin
MadMum

Anyone got a homebirth story? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:53 am

I had an unplanned homebirth with Sean

35 min labour from start to finish and Mum delivered him on the living room floor with no medical staff around! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://familymatters.niceboards.net
Rilith

Rilith

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:41 pm

I have had 3 homebirths... I will add mine when I get the chance Wink
Back to top Go down
Katew1975

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 pm

I have a question - did you arrange for someone to look after your other child when you went into labour or were you lucky enough to go into labour during the night when they were asleep?

Reason I'm asking is that I am planning a home birth but my family live an hour away so if something happens and I have to go into hospital (last time I had to have an emergency c-section after being at home all day cos daughter got herself completely wedged in!) then if my family don't get there before the ambulance does then my hubby won't be able to be with me, and I really want him to be there.

Also have you ever had a situation where your older child wakes up while you're giving birth?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to work out a plan of action in case birth plan goes out of the window like last time!

Blessings,
Kate x
Back to top Go down
Rilith

Rilith

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 pm

My 1st HB I laboured through the night but because it was a relatively new thing 8 years ago, as soon as it started the whole family piled around, so when the eldest woke up there was plenty of people there.

The only thing I can suggest is that you let your MW know the situation and ask for students to come along and observe and should lil one wake up would they be able to help out with them until family arrive??
Back to top Go down
Katew1975

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Thank you that's a good idea Smile I want a water birth and really don't want my family to be in the same room as me, so praying that I labour through the night too and give birth before my daughter wakes up! Our house isn't big enough to shove them into another room while I'm in labour and I don't think I would want them wandering around either as I was semi naked last time and that's just too much with my siblings around too! Wouldn't be able to relax either as I made a lot of noise last time Smile
On the other hand, my mum said that as soon as labour started then they would come over and take Jade back with them, but I don't want Jade to feel she is being pushed out with the baby coming. Ideally I would love to go into labour after Jade has gone to bed and then have her come down in the morning to see her new sister and then we can just relax as a new family Smile keeping fingers and toes crossed! Very Happy

Blessings,
Kate x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a homebirth story?   Anyone got a homebirth story? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a homebirth story?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Family Matters :: Pregnancy issues :: Homebirths-
Jump to: