Family Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Family Matters

Because family does.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hated mine......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs_King

Mrs_King

Hated mine...... Empty
PostSubject: Hated mine......   Hated mine...... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm

I'd rather have given birth with no pain relief than have one but it was necessary because alfie was 10 lb 8. Wasn't a pleasant experience, he was taken straight away from me but i expected that. The whole healing process is painfull but i suppose everyone is different.

My sister has had 4 and never complained once but given a choice i'd opt out!! x
Back to top Go down
Katew1975

Hated mine...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hated mine......   Hated mine...... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 pm

I had an emergency c-section with my daughter as she got stuck - was so high up they had to push her back into the womb!! Two hours pushing for nothing!! (she was 9lb 3oz)

The worst part for me was not being able to feel the contractions as they gave me a partial block first as they were going to attempt forceps first, and being told when I was having a contraction and to push was really weird! Hated not being able to feel anything, it was like I was pretending to push!

Also no one told me that the reason why Jade was having trouble latching on was because of the c-section, I thought it was something I was doing wrong! Really upset me when I gave up after a few weeks and put her onto formula Sad

I would much rather give birth naturally than even have an epidural - I was planning a home birth and was doing really well just being in the pool at home, didn't need gas and air until the internal in hospital - would much rather feel what was happening, felt so out of control when couldn't feel anything.

And yes the healing process is painful, not being able to cough or laugh cos the stitches hurt, couldn't put my shoes on as bending also hurt and my knickers cut into my scar all the time so I was still in maternity knickers for months after!

I really missed not being able to hold Jade straightaway, I think it would have helped me bond better with her - not that I had much trouble with that but definately felt like someone else had given birth to her instead of me as she was whisked away for oxygen straightaway so couldn't hold her for about 20 minutes, which is a long time for new mums!

Have fingers and toes crossed that I manage a home water birth with my next one due in a couple of months Smile

Blessings,
Kate x
Back to top Go down
MadMum
Admin
MadMum

Hated mine...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hated mine......   Hated mine...... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:29 am

Gosh sounds like you had a bit of a troublesome time there Kate!

Im fortunate enough to never have had one x
Back to top Go down
http://familymatters.niceboards.net
Mrs_King

Mrs_King

Hated mine...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hated mine......   Hated mine...... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:19 pm

I wanted to breats feed alfie but he wouldn't latch on. I thought it was because he had been taken to special care. I'd love another baby one day but only if me and simon succeed (( and at this moment in time it is !! ))

The only thing putting me off is having another section. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hated mine...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hated mine......   Hated mine...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hated mine......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Family Matters :: Pregnancy issues :: Caesareans-
Jump to: